The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Nobody knows....

We have no idea i'm sorry to say, we'd like to know but Heuer did not keep records of such things.

We suspect like the Monaco it was not a "best seller" at the time and ran for approx 2 years in catalogues, however i have seen prrof of purchases up to late 70s (78/79) so guess they were still being sold even though the "run" had stopped.

Heuer would have done dial runs of several hundred dials in each colour (as Jack suggested it was not worth doing less) and so i'd hazard a guess at perhaps a total number of 1500-2000, of all 3 colours, but this is only a guesstimate and like i say really nobody knows. Against a total production on Monacos of 4000-5000 (again a guestimate)

Sorry i couldn't offer any more firm data...however there is growing interest in the Silverstone, so if owners would like a registry page on the Silverstone site please drop me a line with details...

Cheers

Rich
www.heuersilverstone.co.uk
www.heuermonaco.co.uk

: Greetings,

: I was hoping there might be someone who would be able to give me an
: estimate or approximate number of how many Silverstones were
: made in each color.

: Thank You

: Jonathan

Messages In This Thread

How many Silverstones were made of each color
Nobody knows....
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE