The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
UNAF Football Chrono Valjoux 7734 Ebauche

Hi all,

I'm new here, but I've recently had some very good advice from Jeff Stein and Jasper Bitter on a recent shopping spree. From a german pawn shop I was able to buy an affordable and unmolested 1133G Monaco, which is now at Jasper's for some TLC... and I'm chasing a very nice Carrera 2447N. (@Jeff: Seller is reluctant.. it's still not in the bag yet!)

This morning I stumbled onto a mysterious UNAF Football Referee watch on a local website which in my newbie eyes definitely has some strong Heuer influences. Ajax deservedly beat their archrivals Feyenoord last night and I was in a good mood and a football watch always comes in handy when the time is ticking away...

I called the seller (who's primarily an Omega watchmaker) but hadn't done any research and couldn't tell me more than that it was all original, in perfect nick and that he'd gave it nothing more than basic service. We quickly agreed on an utterly decent price.

I can't find anything about this watch: yet! I'll post pictures later (got to get an old flickr account of mine reactivated).. but:

An example was sold on the bay.
http://cgi.ebay.fr/180593022663?

On old post on a french forum: the guy only had a dial (black/gold, where mine and ebay are black/white subs)
the only reply he got: UNAF is the french referee org, and you never see those watches.

So: UNAF is "Union Nationale d'Arbitres du Football"
I've dropped them a mail to get in touch with their archivist, but he's got to pardon my French which is terrible.

I'll try to describe the watch:
The case looks like a poor man's Autavia Zodiac (without the bezel).
http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/_Chronographs/62.Autavia/i.Manual--Later_Style/Poor_Man's_Autavias/Zodiac_(73463)/
The dial has no brand or markings at 12oclock. But above the date there is a football and UNAF. Around the date are "ebauche suisse".
Dial and hands look like new. (and at the price I'm pretty sure he didn't "invest" in a pair of replacement hands.)

Leads, ideas, comments welcome.

Jurgen

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE