The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Exploding glass!!
In Response To: Re: Exploding glass!! ()

Wow, what a weird coincidence. It was me who bought that 'Non' Pasadena!!! What a strange, strange coincidence.
You are right, the case is lovely and having handled it, was surprised that there was no impact marks on the case.
The glass in it wasn't original either (it said original in the advert) as it had a beveled profile, so I presume that too was too large & cracked in a similar way.
This only dawned on me when my Lemania glass popped and I put 2+2 together.

What a small world we Heuerists live in!

Cheers
Stewart

: Sorry to hear that happened Stewart!
: I don't know where to find a replaceement, but I just wanted to
: mention I saw a Non-Pasadena from about the same period on ebay
: a few weeks back that had a very similarly cracked crystal. The
: case was really nice with excellent PVD, so I was wondering how
: the crystal had come to have a massive crack through it. Since
: this watch has ( i think ) the same case as the Pasadena, I
: wonder if there is something more than a pure freak occurrence
: at hand here.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE