The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Retro Heuer Gathering, get ready !

Dear Friends,

Here’s our Definitive Retro Heuer Gathering program in Paris

Friday February 4 : Meeting point from 6.30pm to 8.00pm at « Le Grand Palais » to the Bonhams auction preview.
We’ll be able to admire the lots that will be auctioned Saturday 5 including 90+ awesome classic and vintage cars.

Here’s a selection of the beauties we’ll be able to see there

From left to right, up to down :

Alfa Romeo TZ proto, one off,
Bugatti Type 51 Grand Prix,
Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7-Litre Touring,
Porsche 906 Carrera coupé competition,

I know there are many Porsche lovers among you…
on the top of that, 2 vintage Alfa Romeo 6C rare birds and the ex John Lennon Ferrari 330 GT to name just a few will wait for us too.

The full lots previews (automobilia, motos & cars) can be seen following this link :

http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.sh/WService=wslive_pub/pubweb/publicSite.r?sContinent=eur&screen=Catalogue&iSaleNo=19137

NOTE : This preview is a private party held by Bonhams at the magnificent Grand Palais which is the nicest environment one could dream of to admire cars :

http://www.grandpalais.fr/en/Homepage/p-617-lg1-Homepage.htm

I want to express our warmest thanks to Paul Maudsley who provided tremendous efforts in making this first part of our gathering possible.
In case of any additional participant(s) who would like to join, you're obviously welcome and should advise by sending an email at noodia@gmail.com
next Saturday the latest, numbers of participants being restricted up to 25 overall.

8.30pm : We walk down the restaurant, we’ll be able to enjoy the “city of lights” in one of its nicest spot.

9.pm : Diner

Saturday February 5

Informal gathering at Iris and Jasper’s « Classic Heuer » booth (booth No. is: 7.3 K 18) at noon, champagne party

Note : We’ll maybe meet up there on Friday too or I'll just swap Saturday with Friday as I noticed many foreign visitors focused on Friday for their Retromobile visit.
Friday schedule is still uncertain at this stage, will let you know by sending an email to every confirmed participants.
I also want to thank Iris and Jasper to welcome us and remind participants we’ll have fun chating together
while Iris and Jasper will work on a restricted space costly booth. Please, let’s stay around the booth to allow them to work smoothly.

As a synthesis, this informal gathering is set up to take advantage of Heuer collectors visiting the Paris Retromobile show from abroad and the French provinces and meeting each others.
It’ll allow us to combine vintage watch and cars enjoyment and fuel our Heuer passion.
It’s also an opportunity to meet some nice French collectors who are curious about vintage Heuer which is still fairly unknown in France,
you are therefore invited to have 2 of your preferred Heuer at each of your wrists.

I look forward welcome you there my friends !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List of fully confirmed participants from our communities as of today for the Friday evening party

Sandra (Passion66)
Andreas (Tiga) and his spouse
Paul Gavin
Arno
Rafael (Rafiki)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE