The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: My Guess: SN 360 xxx = 1978 / 79

11630 MHs with black dials and grey registers feature in catalogues as early as 1977 though, albeit with orange rather than light grey highlights. My Carrera Twins, watches that were phased out at the end of 1981, both have serials beginning 391xxx so I'd agree with Jeff's date assessment - in fact, I'd probably lean more towards '78 than '79.

And if we look at the catalogue for 1978, we do see a 11630 MH in the same configuration as the one on the front of the 1982 brochure:

So, entirely correct in my opinion James, no mismatching dates/layouts or such like to worry about :)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE