The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Really Nice Viceroys Have Been at Around $2,500

I recently became a member of 'Team Viceroy', and I have surprised myself as to how nice they are.
I think the pricing is because it seems difficult to get a good one. There are many out there, but only a few really nice ones.
Having become addicted to mine, it has everything - famous caliber, traditional red/black/white of the Heuer brand, old enough to have a lot of vintage, motorsport connection, cool acrylic glass, cool tachy bezel, not overly massive on the wrist with clear DNA back to the early Autavias. They have sporting looks combined with a classy/dress appeal. I can see why they are so popular.

Cheers
Stewart

: Remember buying one with box, full paper set, original corfam,
: buckle, in timewarp condition from Ebay for £1600 last year ad
: another struggling to sell in the same package for same amount 6
: month back...I'd expec a Derek Bell to reach these levels, but
: then they are rarer and a nicer watch (imo obviously!).

: Funny prices at the moment, the odd value peice out there and th
: odd one reaching a higher level than expect, guess the market
: will always havean elementof chaos theory about it...:-)

: Rich

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE