The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Interesting that all three...
In Response To: Two More 28,800 vph Movements ()

...lack the SX stamp on the baseplate under the balance wheel.

Picture borrowed from the Cal 11/12 article, so the I (this movement is a Cal 11-I) is highlighted, but it's actually the SX stamp to the left I'm interested in for now.

I wonder what the significance of the SX marking is? Perhaps a sign of a series production movement, but it doesn't seem to appear on all watches that are otherwise standard, so I'm not sure its absence implies a prototype. But I do know that none of the 28.8k Cal 11s I've seen (these 3 and the one in Sandra's Autavia) have had this mark.

Messages In This Thread

28,800 VPH Movement
Two More 28,800 vph Movements
Interesting that all three...
Re: Two More 28,800 vph Movements
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE