The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Autavia 2446c
In Response To: Re: Heuer Autavia 2446c ()

Stewart is right on all counts. In addition, I'll add that the "pepsi" bezel does not have an insert on the 2446C GMT. The blue and red colors are painted or anodized on the one piece bezel. The colors fade with age. Unfortunately, there are no aftermarket replacements for this particular bezel. Apparently Tag Heuer has some of these bezels in their parts inventory as I've seen a few 2446C GMT's on e-bay that were serviced and refurbished at Tag Heuer in Switzerland (at no small cost!) and had bright new bezels added. They won't sell them individually though, you have to send the watch for a full service. Who knows how long their supply will last, or if it hasn't already been exhausted. I too would like to buy a new bezel for my 2446C GMT . . . . .
Steve

: Geoff,
: Welcome.
: Unfortunately it isn't easy when it comes to parts for these
: watches.
: If you are doing the work yourself, it's best to put a 'WTB' ad in
: the chronotrader forum for any parts you require. It's usual
: that parts will come from several places. There isn't a 'one
: stop' place for parts. TAG Heuer won't supply parts, or advise
: what they have.
: If you want someone else to restore it, then there are essentially
: 2 options. Send to TAG Heuer Switzerland or send to one of the
: miracle workers that walk amongst us.

: As for the dial, on the whole most here are not advocates of
: refinishing. A worn & battered dial is considered
: better/more valuable to a refinished one. There aren't many here
: that would ever buy a refinished dial.

: Post some pics, it may help people know how to judge...

: Cheers
: Stewart

Messages In This Thread

Heuer Autavia 2446c
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE