The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Looking Forward to Seeing 74033 and 741603

741603 are probably not the six digits that you had in mind, but here are a couple of my favorites -- 74033 and 741603:

following your "key", we see:

• the XX = 74, telling us that the movement is the Valjoux 7740;
  • on the Autavia, the "1" tells us that the movement is not simply the 7740, but the GMT variation of that movement, so we open with 741
  • then we see the "3" for the Monaco and the "6" for the Autavia, as we have come to expect, and
  • the final "3" tells us that these are in steel cases
  • seems that the "0" is just for spacing purposes??
It's fun to walk through these reference numbers, one digit at a time!!

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Thanks Jeff. In a flash of inspiration last evening, I realised an
: assumption about what would be carried over from the 4 digit
: code was preventing me from seeing something obvious in the 6
: digit codes. I now think I understand those too, bar a couple of
: anomalies, so expect a follow-up posting today once I have
: collated the information.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE