The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Monaco 73663B with Blue subs
In Response To: Monaco 73663B with Blue subs ()

I have one of these dials and i even gave one away so 100% sure am i that there is absolutely no way its an original Heuer dial.

I don't care what the authenticity paper says, as far as i'm concerned all that Tag are saying is the watch is made up of some genuine parts. I think its a great shame however that Tag have unwittingly participated in someone paying £3k for this re-dialed example.

In future i think i will refrain from commenting on these, there is only so many times its possible to say the same thing over and over.

Cheers

Rich

: The all blue Monaco 73663, with accompanying authenticity papers.
: It made a return on the bay and has sold for £3k.
: 'Monaco Rich' informs me that this has been discussed before, and
: Jeff even has an article on it on OTD.

:
: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110644627072&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

: If it is anyone on here that bought it (maybe for parts), it would
: be interesting to see detailed photos and everyone's opinion on
: the dial.

: Stewart

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE