The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I believe this watch may have some issues, worth checking

Yes i saw this, if you look closely under the crystal and on the dial extremes they show a different colour blue to the dial, like an aquamarine blue.

I believe the seal has melted at the quoted price this would be a concern and id suggest before wiring money the seller should prove this dial is ok by taking the case apart for a naked dial shot.

These lighter blue - almost lilac tinted - dials react worse to the melting seal than the darker blue 1133b batch, the paint seems to degrade on the lighter dials the darker batch seem to get away with just a dark border around the dial extremes. I 've noted this over the past 2 years...

Cheers

Rich
www.heuermonaco.co.uk

: A NOS 1133B sold by a shop on avenue louise, brussels.
: I called this morning. Sold yesterday. Lucky man. but who? :-(

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE