The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: I'll Admit It: This One Caught My Eye

You see, what I dislike about modern Breitling, apart from the excessive size, apart from the blinginess, is just the crazy amount of fussiness with as many scales crammed onto the dial as possible. Far far too busy for me to take, or even stomach. As Chuck Maddox once asked, what is the point of putting compass points on a watch when the watch doesn't have a compass function???

Watches like this go to show that when they can actually exercise restraint, they can still pull off a decent looking watch. Not perfect mind - they've allowed too much space for that tachy scale; it would still be usable several point sizes smaller so shrink it down a bit and the dial looks bigger in the case, and (to me) more harmonious too. Love the register layout of course, but I'd take one on a strap - that bracelet doesn't even look intended for the watch but clunky great end pieces and far too much fresh air between those and the case.

I'd go for the black dial over the silver, and while I like the rose gold case (and rose gold in general, provided there is enough copper as there is in these) I'm not sold on the rose registers. So unless they offer a black dial, black registers version in rose gold, it would be the steel case, black dial on a black strap please.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE