The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
actually...
In Response To: That's one ugly chrono ()

I am really not one to praise anything made in the post T*G era, but I think the mikrograph is pretty cool. The design is vaguely reminiscent of some heuer stopwatches, and the innovation is something which fits with Heuer's history, ie: timing things more accurately. Making a watch with gear belts is a great technical challenge, but it is also pointless and purely cosmetic, with zero "tool" aspect. That's why I think the mikrograph is the correct direction for TAG-Heuer.

Having said that, I agree, 1/100 of a second with human operation is a little pointless, even if all my G-Shock watches also time to 1/100 of a second (the G-Shock is the true "tool" watch, but that is for another discussion).

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE