The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A grea resource for the Haslinger auction.

Jeff

Again, respect for the amount of time you dedicate to your (our) passion, it really does amaze me sometimes how the rest of our lives function at all!!

What a great resource this is for current and future collectors, although as we have discussed the prices are to a degree a red herring, they are mostly indicative of the ranking of Heuers and more than anything such an important event needed to be well documented as it's entirely possible there will never be another auction that quite matches this one (even if there is a Haslinger Part Deux!)

Since the auction we have seen appreciation in Heuer values, nothing dramatic, but nonetheless a noticeable 10-15% on average. I would say this is on most pieces, whether they be beaters, bought for parts or good-mint condition examples. There has also been an increase in demand levels and if this continues it is quite likely that values will continue to move northwards. This is no mean feat, as many vintage prices have tumbled in the past 3-4 years, especially if you purchased one of the more collectable Rolex's for example (as much as 20-30% depreciation on some in that timeframe).

My hope is this slow but steady increase continues and i think what has happened to some of the Rolex’s for instance serves as a warning that when values run too far too quickly (just like with shares) they tend to fall equally as hard when the correction comes. Gradual increases allow us all to carry on our collecting without too much trepidation and long may that continue.

Cheers

Rich
www.heuermonaco.co.uk

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE