The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Great minds think alike
In Response To: One for the Lady of the house ()

Very thoughtful gifts for you lady there Paul.
I had exactly the same thoughts in the last few years and also bought my girl exactly the same 2 watches, an Omega Dynamic and the same orange dial ladies Heuer diver.
I must , however , report that i did not recieve the same reaction. My lady loves the classic elegance of the Omega Dynamic and wears it often. The orange faced Heuer she does not like. It seems too "loud" and bright for her taste and has sat unused in a jewellery box from day 2. I must admit to being a little disappointed but as she loves the Omega so much it seems i hit the bullseye on the target with my first attempt. It just shows how fickle woman's tastes can be. I'm very happy to hear your girl loves her new watch - Congrats !!!
Hmmm - i can sense myself writing a for sale listing on the chronotrader some time soon for the lady diver.

Here's a nice "His and hers", photo showing her beloved dynamic.

Cheers - Darren
-
-
-
-: My dear wife has patiently endured my obsession with Heuer watches
: and finally, her reward has arrived. It came as quite a surprise
: and I was delighted by her reaction. For the first time that a
: watch arrived in the house she was impressed, not only because
: it was for her but because it was right up her street in terms
: of design and because she never needed to wind it. That was the
: reason she never wore the last watch I bought her which was an
: Omega Dynamic. Women can be so practical sometimes.
: Regards
: Paul
: www.heuerworld.com

: Heuer 28mm Ladies Diver ref: 980.011

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE