The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Eat, Drink, Sleep!
In Response To: Eat, Drink, Sleep! ()

I wish I could sleep on planes! Was flying back from Tokyo overnight once and while we were over Siberia, I thought I would take a sneaky peek out of the window to see what Siberia looks like from above. Well, I thought it would be a sneaky peek, I'd only opened the window blind a crack, but it was in fact like someone was firing a high powered laser across the cabin.... And Siberia looks like grim and inhospitable tundra, so not even any surprises!

So I normally fly with a briefcase packed full of gadgetry, something amongst them will always distract me! For anyone who flies often and is a keen reader, I really recommend an e-Reader - mine's 4 years old now, but still going strong with hundreds of books on it. Some people will always want something that does a bit of everything, which is why tablets might take off this year, but personally I don't mind carrying a few bits of tech around when I'm going away - not like I'll take them all with me every minute of the day.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE