The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Monaco
In Response To: Re: Heuer Monaco ()

Thanks Richard, thanks Mark!

You confirm me it's a redial one.
I never seen one like this before, but the dial in the Monaco that I've on my hands today is a vintage creation, not a modern reproduction and it is a little bit damaged from the seal.
The quality of reprinting is the best that I ever seen, expecially in the sign "automatic chronograph".

The old service hands, like the watch on OTD, let me think that they was changed many years ago together with the dial.

: A Monaco expert might want to chip in but the Heuer shield on that
: example has clearly been redone at least. Markers are more like
: a 1533's than an 1133's but aren't quite the same as the Cal
: 15's either. There are no lume dots, another strong sign of a
: redial. I'm sure there are things I've missed too.

: More than enough evidence for me to stay away if I was in the
: Monaco market.

Messages In This Thread

Heuer Monaco
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE