The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: time only/non chrono heuers

Yep, I agree with Stewart - genuine 1950s Heuer Datemaster, possibly the immediate precursor to the 6126 that just carried over into the 60s, as shown in this 1961 catalogue:

If you look closely, you'll see that Barbara's watch has the same hands as the watch pictured. Looks like a bit of damp has got in through the crack in the plexi and affected the dial, plus there is a little surface corrosion on the case - the case is steel so can be cleaned up pretty easily, but refinishing the dial is a personal decision. One to weigh up, we've seen some pretty bad redials but then these aren't as "complex" as some of the dials from Heuer.

A similar version in gold-plate was on eBay recently (you'll need an eBay account to view, as it's a completed listing): http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RARE-VINTAGE-HEUER-DATEMASTER-AUTOMATIC-MENS-WRISTWATCH-/120685310503?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item1c1967b227

So, to summarise, an automatic Heuer Datemaster, likely to be from mid- to late-50s. That's probably about all I can tell you I'm afraid Barbara, but please feel free to ask any specific questions you might have.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE