The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Just For Fun: Top Five Chronographs at $5,000 Price Poi

Each to their own! I just don't "get" the Navitimer; it's pretty much diametrically opposed to what I like in the first Carrera, and hence what I like in watches full stop. I like watches smaller rather than larger, and it's a large watch, and I like a sparseness to a watch dial and the Navitimer has (what I feel is) a busy dial. If someone set out to design a watch that didn't appeal to me, a Navitimer is pretty much what would result.

When they do exercise restraint, like on the new Transocean Limiteds:

I do like them, although a 43mm watch is still a bit big for my liking. And Jeff, looks like the steel one will bust your friend's budget by 50% so maybe not the best recommendation! Though I guess it might be cheaper if it makes series production.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE