The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
From what year on with Heuer buckle?? And perf. straps?

Hi Experts,

Enjoying a nice Merlot red wine, and watching athletics on BBC, I used a dull moment for the next question. Having various early/mid sixties Autavia and Carrera, I was wondering whether it is correct to fit them with a buckle with Heuer logo. Do not misunderstand me, I love them, and have them on most of my Heuers. But for reasons of total authenticity, genuinity, did they already have them then, and if yes, where they identical to the ones which you can buy now?Or maybe with a smaller size logo? Or did they come with a shieldless buckle as they were introduced later?

I checked all the catalogues on the site, but never see the strap and buckle.Read about corfam straps, so am also wondering now in how far the popular perforated version is authentic on them.

Anybody out there who has an early Autavia or Carrera of which it is sure that it is 100% authentic??? Ordoesn't, but just knows>

Have a nice weekend!

Ron

Messages In This Thread

From what year on with Heuer buckle?? And perf. straps?
Re: From what year on with Heuer buckle?? And perf. straps?
Re: From what year on with Heuer buckle?? And perf. straps?
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE