The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Help with shattered crystal

Hi all,
I mentioned this a few weeks ago when it happened.(My Heuer Lemania 5100 has suffered from spontaneous crystal shattering)

The shattered glass was really loose, and most of the centre fell out when I turned the watch upside down. I carefully wrapped up the watch & sent it off to a trusted watchmaker.

Problem is, he admits defeat... he can't see a way of getting the rest of the glass out from around the edge of the watch without damaging the tachy ring underneath.

Has this happened to anyone else, is there a suitable solution??

Please help!!

If it helps, pics of the watch are here (before glass breaking)
http://heuerville.wordpress.com/2010/11/07/heuer-510-501-lemania-5100/

Cheers
Stewart

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE