The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Make yourself comfortable here
In Response To: Re: Please Join Us!! ()

I must say that this and your Targa Florio pics are very nice. It got me thinking about the new Tags. Some actually have some character that is impressive. The Targa watch reminds me of the Chronoswiss style with that distinctive outer bezel. And this pic is certainly a beefy, brawny model. As long as Tag moves in these directions, and away from the Link series, maybe there is hope.

I often wonder how Tag's present designs impact the vintage market that we are interested in. Does anyone out there think that there is a cause and effect? I mean, if you turn off current buyers, will they also discount the models of the past. Maybe the Heuer only name helps to separate them enough so we are safe.

So keep those pics of the current models coming as I don't go to the jeweler and like to see what Tag is up to. Who knows, maybe I could someday be persuaded to wear one of them. Put a Lemania movement in one, with 3 dials and maybe I'd pay full retail to wear it! You listening Tag? LOL

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE