The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer 1133B and 73633B - your opinions please.

I was recently offered two Heuer Monaco's a 1133B and a 73633B. However I would like some expert opinion regarding these two... Any words of advice or opinions would be valued. I have added my own personal observations from the photos they have provided (as I am yet to inspect these in person).

1133B

- Incorrect hands (have been informed they will be swapped for the correct ones)
- Hour lume markers are missing from dial (my guess is a re-dial)
- Date wheel incorrect (errrr - white lettering on black?)
- Date 'square' surround (doesnt quite look like an original as the sides seem too wide)

My personal guess is that this watch has been assembled from the parts bin, and the origins of this watch is uncertain. The store hasnt been able to disclose any further information as they havent closely inspected the watch... Internal movement, seal melt, and other details are yet to be confirmed. Their asking price (hope you're sitting down) $8000.00AUSD...

73633B

This one doesnt seem too bad, but in need of a cosmetic touch-up (lower right hand corer has been folded up), minute hand requires attention on lume section and finally a non original bracelet. Other than that, this one seems to be a the winner out of the two. Also, unable to confirm seal melt and working internal movement. Their asking price $7500.00AUSD.

Both come 'as is', no box, no papers... My personal feeling is that the 1133B should be avoided unless purchased for parts. The 73633B appears to be better, but the price I feel may be a bit steep.

Your opinions and what would be reasonable offers for the two watches (if you deem them to be worth purchasing) would be greatly appreciated.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE