The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Beware:

Yes, lots of fishy details abound there, but we really do need all that bank information when doing bank transfers from the UK to non-UK European accounts! And it needs a bank visit, rather than something we can do straight from the PC and the bank then charge £20+ for the privilege.... free banking is only free when you don't do anything out of the ordinary... I pointed out last time that a BIC and IBAN resolve to a unique individual but they said they couldn't guarantee the funds would go through correctly without all the info. So I found branch address for them on my iPhone while I was stood at the counter in about 30 seconds just to prove the point... Bank transfers to the EU is one of those times I am reminded of the English Channel between us and mainland Europe.

: By bank transfer:
: BANK NAME:
: BANK ADDRESS:
: Bank Country:
: Account Name:
: ACCOUNT NUMBER:
: IBAN CODE:
: BIC CODE:

So if nothing else is dodgy about the transaction but a UK buyer is asking for all the above, there may not be anything to worry about.

As he is an Austrian citizen, I would have replied in German Oliver - even Austrian German wouldn't be as garbled as what he would get from a translation tool if he can't actually write German back :) Actually, I have no problem with it, I got pretty used to Bairisch when I lived there so no offence to any Austrian readers!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE