The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
OT(ish) : Amazing Art Film

Just saw bits of Christian Marclay's "The Clock"

It's an amazing artowrk which is a compilation of shots of clocks or watches from films throughout history. The compiled film runs for 24 hours and is compiled so that the times shown synchronise with the real time. It is an incredible achievement and an amazing piece of work. On at the Hayward gallery, only until the 18th, but sure it will be exhibited more around the world.

Next question, you are all asking, any Heuer screen time? I saw a re-edition Monaco at about 11:10, not sure which film it was from, I'm sure forum members will know. Didn't see the Mcqueen Monaco, but if it showed the time in the Le Mans film, it will be in Marclay's The Clock, I'm sure of it. Lot's of other interesting watch spot for the WIS out there.

Article here... http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2011/apr/07/christian-marclay-the-clock

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE