The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Absolutely Beautiful!! (and a Mystery re the Serial Num

Thanks Jeff
The S/N did concern me, and I know you and Mark discussed. The patina of the dial and hands, and still missing a 3647N from my collection led me to take Mark's advice and "take a punt" on the watch.
But only after we discussed what "take a punt" meant in the UK versus the
USA, with American football terminology as my point of reference.

Philippe gave me a fair deal, and even better let me buy in USD. The weakness in the dollar is surely hurting us in buying in Euros or GBP these days.

Messages In This Thread

Sorry if anyone was trying to get this early 3647N
Absolutely Beautiful!! (and a Mystery re the Serial Number)
Re: Absolutely Beautiful!! (and a Mystery re the Serial Num
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE