The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Sometimes the wife knows best...

Nice one Rich, welcome to Mr.D's Old Shoe Club - there's quite a number of happy members floating around the forum now ;-)
I love the Chronomatic but feel a more traditional bracelet or corfam is more dignified for the "grand old father" of Monaco's.
I have to agree with your young lady and say i feel this stylish strap has found its home on the Fume Silverstone, they make a great match.
I have mÿ own "old shoe" firmly planted on my patina'd 2446 big register Autavia and love the feeling the strap gives to the delicate time piece.

Cheers one and all, have a good weekend - Darren
-
-
-: Pip just commented that the strap would look good on a Fume
: Silverstone (loving her new found product knowledge ;-)) The
: strap also reminds her of her grandad (and it bought a beautiful
: smile to her face) he had a strap just like it to match his
: driving gloves. I will pass on the driving gloves, but attach a
: picture of the tan "boot" on Fume SS!

: Wishing everyone a Heuer filled Bank Holiday.

: Cheers

: Rich

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE