The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Some Bits of Information
In Response To: The $64K question ()

Heuer used other companies to supply the dials, just as they used other companies for the movements and cases, etc. So when Heuer was producing these "specials", I believe that the dial-makers added the logos, and Heuer then assempled the watch or timer.

These special dials are still "floating around", and there are people who have them / obtain them, and will then convert an ordinary timepiece to one of the "specials". At this point, you have the ordinary timepiece, with the special dial, and I leave it to others to suggest what this is worth (versus the same timepiece that was made by Heuer many years ago, with the special dial).

I have seen (photos of) Ferrari logos on the three-button Monte Carlo, Super Autavia and Microsplit. In the early days on ebay, I saw a Ferrari triple-set sell in the $2000 range. If only I knew then what I know now . . .

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Guess you have asked the impossible. Since
: Heuer did not publish brochures with these,
: just their stock watches, it is my opinion
: that many of the logo watches could be made
: up and there is very little way to verify
: them.

: The recent controversy over the Champion logo
: watch is a great example. I would suspect
: unless we can get the Champion Spark Plug
: company to verify the Heuer link that it is
: any one's guess. I do think it is fair to
: say that there certainly may exist several
: examples of real logo endorsements.

Messages In This Thread

Special Logo Timers
The $64K question
Some Bits of Information
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE