The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: The King's Special Meal / Testing New "Blog" Technology

Great story Jeff. Technology wise, I like wordpress, many (including myself) use it to power their blogs.
Their layouts are well designed. A standard blog is even reformatted on an iPhone to look amazing!

I presume you have installed the wordpress software on your own server to run this ? or is it a basic wordpress page?
I ask, because of this: If it is on their servers, there is no come-back if they lose you site, unlikely to happen, but the risk is there.
Also, I believe that they have the right to insert adverts if a blog is getting many regular hits.

Of course, non of this applies if you are using the wrodpress plug-in ion your own server/website.

Cheers
Stewart

Stewart

: Testing some new blog-style technology (WordPress) --
: http://www.onthedash.com/thoughts/the-kings-special-meal/

: Please let me know what you think of the story (and the
: technology).

: Special thanks to BB, for the wonderful story!

: Jeff

Messages In This Thread

The King's Special Meal / Testing New "Blog" Technology
Re: The King's Special Meal / Testing New "Blog" Technology
WordPress Hosted on My Server
Re: WordPress Hosted on My Server
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE