The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Need help: Show me the shoes of your Monaco

Hi Horst,
Congratulations!! I am sure you have been waiting anxiously to hear of its return!!

I also have a Steve McQueen Monaco at Heuer being serviced... but mine is further back in the queue then yours, and I am also awaiting it.

For shoes, I would be thinking about something as original as possible - Corfam, or even a simple black ATG with Heuer buckle could be nice...

However, I have just put a Heuer reissue band with reissue Heuer deployment on my Silverstone, as I think the leathers they are using give off a very nice vintage vibe. Apologies that its a Silverstone, but you get the gist... (if my Monaco was back from service I would show it on the Monaco).

Horst, I'd love to know how you have expreienced Tag Switzerland's service and responsiveness... specifically;

1. How long did it take for them to get back to you with a quote for all work?
2. What did they say they are going to do?
3. Was there anything you asked them specifically to do or not to do?
4. Where you permitted to contact the service centre directly, or did you have to go through your local service facility?

I sent mine out to them back in the middle of March, and only in the last 2 weeks they have come back with a quote.

I am now asking that they do not replace my original hands, and I want more detail from them as to what exactly they are going to do, as their responses are very vague and are being filtered by my local TagHeuer service centre.

Look forward to your comments
Cheers
Dan

: Dear members - my Monaco "Steve Mc.Queen" will be back
: soon - it was service by Tag-Heuer in Switzerland. Now I am
: searching for a nice leather strap.
: Please show me your combos and give me a hint where to get.
: Thanks a lot
: Horst

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE