The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: You got it right...
In Response To: You got it right... ()

Woohoo :) Might be the first time I've instantly recognised where the photo was, though they don't often have such an iconic building centre frame.

That was on my first visit to New York in 2005 - my first digital camera too, it's generating a lot of noise in that light. Each time I've been back to NYC I've had a new camera in fact, should go back to the Lipstick next time and do it 13 MPixel's worth of justice. I've always gone in May and I've been very lucky with the weather - that was the only day it rained, and the rain happened while I was in the Met anyway. I went up onto the rooftop sculpture garden and Central Park was absolutely glistening with the freshly-fallen rain. I just stumbled across the Lipstick, but it's a very interesting building - don't know why I was on Third, I definitely hadn't gone to give Bernie Madoff any of my money!

I like the picture of 909 Third Avenue too - it's quite a drab building, but you've managed to make it look interesting with those repeated shapes converging on the vanishing point. Keep them coming!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE