The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Mappamondo Has Been Pulled from the Sale
In Response To: Heuer Mappamondo on Giltman ()

Thanks for spotting this one. After I saw your posting on Friday afternoon, I sent Ben an e-mail message, and they have pulled the watch from the sale.

Disappointing that this one made it through the vetting process, and was listed for sale, but it's difficult for Ben (and other journalists / generalists) to be experts in all the brands / all the watches. I suppose that the most we can ask is that they react appropriately when we point out these "mistakes", and they seem to have done that.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++

: I always enjoy Hodinkee & Ben has done much for Heuer's, what's
: up with the Mappamondo?

:
: http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/giltman-finds-vi-243?opromo=giltmanfindwatches_51220111800-51320111200&ocat=&ocl=men_hero

Messages In This Thread

Heuer Mappamondo on Giltman
Mappamondo Has Been Pulled from the Sale
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE