The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
as far as i know the main problem....
In Response To: Probably ok if you..... ()

:is with accepting a buyer payment from a credit card. this is how they can cause real trouble, not to mention stolen credit card numbers used by scammers, etc. as far as the bank transfer, i don't know how a remorseful buyer or troublemaker could pull back the funds? but then again, i'm not a banking professional.:) i would like to hear how this could be done if anyone hear wants to shed any light or elaborate on the rules of banking that would involve this type of situation, etc. i'm all ears, well actually eyes.:)

the two bank accounts would probably work, except that if you had any money sitting in your paypal account they (paypal) would freeze your account and take it, or so i hear. the other problem would be that if you had a problem with the payment being fraudelent or bouncing, i do believe paypal comes after you anyway, via a debt collection agency, etc. so i'm not sure this would do you much if a problem arose.

i do agree that it would be best to open a checking account that wasn't tied to any other accounts or lines of credit and you kept little to no money in it, except to cover paypal usuage, etc.

i've done a few myself and (knock on wood):) have never had a problem either, but i've always been the buyer not the seller, so........

i like online shopping also as it's typically easy and quick, (except for some shipping times:)) so your not alone there. except, i still go to the malls once in awhile, if for nothing else to see what's going on in current social culture and to checkout the "talent".:)

j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE