The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Dual time Heuer LCD not working

Hi Ken,
I don't know for sure what has happened, but I do know that these m'ments are susceptible to 'shorting' if the battery isn't installed very carefully.
Unfortunately, the movements are like rocking horse sh*t, and are fairly pricey, as several watches from that period (Breitlings etc) used them & are in demand due to shorting damage.

Keep an eye out for a movement, one will come along eventually - I needed one & bagged one not long ago after a year or so of looking.

There is a seller on ebay who sells NOS Microma (I think that's the brannd) watches for £200-ish. They are a crappy watch, but it's the same m'ment and the seller knows he can get the cash.

Cheers
Stewart

: I have a Heuer Dive watch number 980.027 with the ESA Y2 900
: 231movement. I just changed the battery. The dial hands seem to
: be working but the LCD is blinking erratically and pushing the
: two buttons at once does not allow it to calm down so that I can
: set the date and time. Any suggestions?

: Thanks

: Ken

Messages In This Thread

Dual time Heuer LCD not working
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE