The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: I forgot to mention........

Once a postal money order is cashed you're basically up the creek without a paddle as far as the post office is concerned. They will only refund your money if the money order is lost, destroyed, etc., not for non-delivery or merchandise.

This guy up in NH was selling a Breitling on ebay which I bought. I sent him off a money order immediately, had delivery conformation and return receipt request (signed for) as an extra precaution. All that didn't matter. Yes, I had all the proof the money order was delivered and signed for but I still had no watch. I phoned a couple of times and got the run around from an alleged friend or relative, etc. This went on for over 45 days. I filed a complaint with the Federal Internet Fraud site, Post office, Ebay and things weren't moving very fast. I had the guys phone number and address so I called his local PD and asked them if I could make a complaint and they said "sure!" I mailed them copies of all the emails and receipts and they picked him up within a week as he was packing his car up to leave. Turns out he was already on parole. Something about he was buying PCs at Walmart and taking them back for a refund minus the guts. (loser) It also came out in the wash that he was actually using his roommates ebay account and name so I started all this legal action against the wrong guy but the police figured it all out. He's back in jail to serve the remainder of his 7 year prison sentence but is eligible for parole. The DAs office there keeps me updated and sends me a letter whenever his status changes. They told me that he'll probably be back on parole soon but that as a condition he has to pay me restitution within 45 days or they'll revoke his parole again. So, Ebay paid me back $175 (I think it was) their max for fraud so if I ever get the money back from this guy I might actually come out ahead. Naa, all this hassle was like spending money. I do have good things to say about the Police Department up there though. It's nice to know they're on the ball.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE