The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Thinking of selling my need for repair Heuer! *PIC*

Thinking about selling my Heuer. I have a Heuer Dive watch number 980.027 with the ESA Y2 900 231movement. There is no doubt that the movement is bad as the LCD is erratic and can't be set. It is blinking etc. The watch is in good shape. I have the original extra links that were taken out for me. The band is original but the gold on some of the links is starting to fade. I know the watch as I bought it new in the Caymans around 1983 or 1984.

We all know that the movement is difficult to find. What is the potential value of this? I have seen other broken Heuer's sell quite high on eBay. I don't know how long I can wait to find the movement as I am fighting that dreaded medical condition that begins with a "C". And, for you guys out there, make sure you get your physicals and your PSA checked. I don't want anyone else to go through this. I am not looking for sympathy, just to sell a watch.

It is not the greatest pick as I had to blow it up in Photoshop.

Thanks

Ken

Messages In This Thread

Thinking of selling my need for repair Heuer! *PIC*
Difficult to price, I'd whack it on ebay
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE