The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Movements and arrows on the lug

Just to re-open an old debate...

I came across a couple of 1163 Viceroy, both with the ref. 1163V on the case:

the first is an early one, 226xxx serial, powered with cal.12

the second one is later, 270xxx serial. It was a surprise to me to see the cal. 11-I inside, and to discover that one lug is marked with the single arrow. I bought it from the first owner, that said me the watch has never had running problems so it has not been serviced for replacing the movement.
I see on OTD pages another 1163V 268xxx, with cal. 11-I, but this has two arrows on the lug...

Can someone help me about this mistery?

Paolo

Messages In This Thread

Movements and arrows on the lug
Serial Numbers, Movements and Arrows
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE