The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Hello Mark, glad you made it over here...

Hello can sombody help with some information regarding the Heuer Chronograph. What is the differance between the Val 7750 and the Lemania 283 Calibre this I think was the Movements fitted to this watch any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Mark.

Sorry, I couldn't go into more depth via email this morning, you caught me between bed and shower and I had to get going... I hope you understand...

Here are a couple more links for you to start your educational journey on these two movements... Here is an article I wrote on the Heuer/TAG-Heuer Pilot's model (which is very similar to the 2000's) which the automatic versions are equiped with a LWO 283. If you scroll down towards the bottom, you'll see where I talk about this movement. Next is an article that I archived from HR:Watches website on the Valjoux (ETA) 7750 engine, which will tell you more about the 7750.

You can also do a search on "7750" and "LWO 283" here in the forum (set the search to search the last 2 years) to read what discussions we've had here.

I hope this helps!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only get better with time…

Messages In This Thread

Heuer 2000 Auto Chrono 200 meters
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE