The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
1st ever attempt at cleaning up an old watch *PIC*

Ok- so aside from opening up a watch to look at the movement this is the first time I've ever tried anything like this.
1st thoughts-
• not nearly as complicated as I thought it would be
• far more complicated than I thought it would be
• learned how to not to clean a dial
• learned that I need better tools
• discovered that I probably should have tried this on a different watch.
• also discovered that while the intermediate results may be amateurish- I really enjoyed the process, I think it works for my A.D.D.

Next step for me is a new crystal, and new hands (unless anyone here can tell me how to replate previously rusted hands) also I'd like to take another crack at cleaning the dial but am not comfortable trying that again until I read up some more

Anyway thought I'd share some pics for fun

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE