The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Chuck's Flea Market: Heuer 13 1 and Seiko Speed Timer

Hi gang! Two watches for sale. One Heuer and one (forgive me if I offend!) Seiko Speed Timer, which is a very cool automatic chronograph.

About the Heuer 13 1
This watch is a great "beater" watch. Has a bunch of flaws, but TONS of character. And it works perfectly.
It could be a restoration candidate but I think it's cooler as-is.

French-made Heuer (Monin-made movement but signed Heuer and signed Swiss Made on the dial)

The Good:
Exceedingly rare model from circa 1979.
Serviced recently (receipt will come with watch) and keeps perfect time and chrono works perfect too.
Great beat-up brassed patina
Crystal has no scratches
Cool rally strap
Original caseback

The Bad:
Dial has a little bit of wear and degradation here and there but looks cool. Look closely at the pics.
Calendar disc has some flaws on the dates 13-14 (shown in one picture)
P.O. painted (don't ask me why) the case black so case has incorrect finish compared to original PVD.
Paint has badly chipped in the high spots, but on the bright side this gives it the cool beater look.
Doesn't have original metal strap

In sum, it's a fun watch you can wear and not worry about. The case could definitely be restored, but I hope someone out there likes it the way it is.
Price: Please email me with any reasonable offers --no lowballers, please. I'm not desperate to sell unless the price is right.

More pics at this Picasa album: https://picasaweb.google.com/bpdesign/Watch_sales?authkey=Gv1sRgCMTc-9ul8ZbubQ&feat=directlink

On to the Seiko now!
The Seiko Speed Timer is an auotmatic chronograph made around 1976. The face is a brownish bronze color, with brushed coppery sub registers. Makes for a very cool look. The case is a chunky Stainless Steel with Bullhead design. Has great heft to it.

The Good:
NOS replacement tachymeter bezel ring
Original dial with nice patina but good condition
Has Japan Market dial which doesn't say "Seiko Sports" on it (I prefer this less cluttered look)
Has dual language day indicator (JP and EN)
Presents really well with just enough wear that it looks vintage but still super sharp.
Keeps perfect time and chrono works well.

The Bad:
Pushers not original
Second hand is white, not correct yellow
Case was rebrushed correctly but it's not a perfect job. Look closely at pics.
Seiko strap is signed but not the correct strap for the Speed Timer (correct fishbone straps are 70 bucks on ebay)

Again, more pics in the gallery https://picasaweb.google.com/bpdesign/Watch_sales?authkey=Gv1sRgCMTc-9ul8ZbubQ&feat=directlink

Priced at $475 USD - email with reasonable offers

Thanks!!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE