The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Blue, Grey and Silver Dark Lords...? *PIC*
In Response To: I like this game! ()

Agree with many of the ideas Mark has, especially about the case. The case on the original is a work of art, the razor sharp edges, high polish, satin finish, met by straight edges and curves that the top case displays fits beautifully with the unique bottom case design...only the original re-edition in 1998 came close to "getting" the back case design and how important it was to the Monaco...i guess this trend for seeing the movement from the back has put paid to that though :-(

I'd like in many ways to see a simplified modern take, on a PVD, i agree many of these "new takes" can look messy or at worst tacky.

So here we have some examples of PVD top cases with blue and grey dial, it appears to my eye the grey dial wins...just for fun of course...and again as Mark points out...the original PVD is thin, smooth and much nicer than the later rough 80s PVD finishes or the new 24's shiny finish, it may not have been perfected when the 74033N was produced by Piquerez, but to me it's simply perfect. PVD (or whatever process they now use) should be stealth, matt, not shiny in my opinion.

Cheers

Rich

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE