The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Questions on Straps and Buckles

What is the experts view on:

1. Rally straps - ie at what point did Heuer start using them? on the earliest Carreras? in the brochures, it seems that the earlier Carreras tend to be solid bands, but Arno's book does show Rally straps.

2. Corfam - when did corfam replace leather as the material of choice, and when did corfam get phased out?

3. Heuer buckles - I know there has been lots of chat about the evolution of the Heuer buckle, from Sun logo to 'b', but at what point where they introduced? I've got a Heuer stamped strap with 14mm ends and i've never seen a Heuer buckle of this size.

I'd be fascinated to hear anyone's views. I like to chop and change straps on my Monaco, Autavia and Montreal, but for some reason, I feel the need to be as authentic as possible with my 1960s Carrera.

Thanks in advance.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE