The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Some light Heuer entertainment for you all

These rare LED clocks fist appeared in the 1976 Heuer catalog and were available for only 3 years through to 1978.
The cases are made of alloy and were offered in 2 shapes in either silver or champagne gold.
The time can be displayed in either a 12 or 24 hour format to suit your own taste.
These clocks come up for sale very rarely and even then about half of those on offer have intermitant problems with the display (most commonly the seconds dont light up correctly). Inside they are powered by good old circuit board & transister technology - no micro chips to found here.
I have here a photo with all four body types in full working order (a very rare sight). Its fair to say these may well be a frivilous side venture by Heuer but they are sadly a sign of the grim reaper that stood in the background of the mechanical watch industry in the late 70's, i am of course talking about the coming of the digital age.
Anyhow i hope you enjoy seeing these beauties in working order.

Cheers - Darren

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE