The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Here Is the Photo
In Response To: Here Is the Photo ()

: Hi Crew; Wow is all I can say you guys are soooooooo incredible. 1st thanks for cleaning up my messy posts. I wish I could do this stuff. But some how I think its you who got the photo up. Could of been 1 of my tries.wish I knew what I did differant. And should I have asked the place the photo is before I posted it here? Just so I know In case I as time goes on find my stuff on other sites. because I have been posting my timers/watches/movments all our the place from about 1996.Can you beleave I still do not know how to work a computer!

NOw you blow me away again. I think you are correct about the seller in New York who had this set. Only 1999 I thought maybe oler then that.

Do you know the seller? What a small world.
I love this set. I did I remember offer 2200.00US for it then. Its seemed like a lot of cash but fare then.
But all was not as said. I never did any ting about it because the seller said it all worked when sent. You know how it goes. The 1 timer in the photo where I have it ajusted so you can not set the # window That has some issues. I know the problem its the 3 star wheel will not stay down because of the cerclip is bad. I have tried meny things, even sent it out to a high end repair place just for these and thay sent it back not assembled correctly, I fixed it. but still need the star wheel to say inplace. before Hans retired we could not sort it out . I even tryed my best sorce for old heuer parts C.Swiss, But to no avale so far, so what do you most knowlageable ones know how to help this care taker of this nice set get it back to its hayday of funtions?
And Jeff Now I know who you are, A BIG THANK YOU for this and your Heuer sight. I have been wanting to post there for sometime, but as you can see I am not so good at this stuff. But I know you would love my collection. Untell I found you all I was a very proud cartaker of my collection But some of you folks have some really wonderful stuff! Dont we just LOVE these!!!!
Take care
Peter
Ps Incase you saw the Indy 500 Heuer twin set in the case with the lap times on it. I have it now. It real and has a wonderful histoy.The bad timer had the return hart glued on, I had a lot of parts to fix it and its very nice. any history of Heuer making sets for indy? Its real well done not a ? in my mind.

You post above about a redial, Its nice has patina around the edges but I agree someting seems a bit off.
: what a rack!!

:
: Thanks,

: Jeff

:
: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
:

Messages In This Thread

triple set monties *PIC*
By Any Chance = = = > > >
Here Is the Photo
Re: Here Is the Photo
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE