The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Mother Always Told Me
In Response To: Re: Mother Always Told Me ()

Hope the trip is going well DC.

I agree about case depth, its a bit of an issue for me...the original 1133 case is a perfect weight and size...the overall depth on the 24 i suspect would be too chunky for my taste, but like everything you don't know until you try...once a blue dial variant with white subs lands (please dont use orange accents on the dial with the blue TH!) i will go and try one.

I do love the way the movement looks though and think the rear case is much nicer than the standard McQueen re-edition. Like framing a work of art...

Cheers

Rich

: Thanks for posting the link Jeff.

: Interesting to read everyones comments, but have to say that I LOVE
: the Monaco 24. The only doubt that I'd have is over the height
: of the watch- its a thick, tall case.

: I had a deposit on the original Gulf model, but pulled it after I'd
: tested the watch for a week- nothing wrong with the watch, just
: felt that the stripes weren't me. I like this version more, but
: like Rich, I'm waiting to see a McQueen color model before
: breaking the piggy bank.

: dc

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE