The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
ELVIRAB - TO [BB] - FAKE HEUERS
In Response To: REPLY TO [BB] - FAKE HEUERS ()

Hello Group,

I am glad I finally have the groups attention, as that was my ultimate aim. I am not victimising or persecuting �Good ol� the Innocent� but merely stating the facts.

From his mail it does sound like he has been through a most arduous ordeal but he fails to recognise the humiliation and embarrassment he has caused to myself and my family.

I am a watch collector, I buy what I like and sell what I don�t like. I have a number of eBay user id�s, one I use to sell the other to buy and many, which I have used and are waiting to be utilised for the purpose of exposing Bernardo Birabent (whom I will refer to as Berni). I have never committed fraud and I believe in mutual respect of all regardless of race or religion.

I had the misfortune to purchase from [BB] or Elvirab through eBay. Initially our transactions were smooth and unremarkable. He offered many deals, which were both attractive, and I developed what I thought was a good working and rewarding relationship. He offered to sell items outside of the eBay system hence benefiting us both. I was keen to take up this offer as it gave me access to his stock before it got to auction. We communicated regularly and I felt I had gained a friend

I purchased many watches from Berni over the coming months. The thought of getting them checked out never crossed my mind as I had a friend and associate that I could trust.

The problems began with the infamous Heuer Flygraf much spoken about on this forum. When I received the first Flygraf from , I thought I hit the Jackpot, here was a most unusual watch which I had never seen before and (being a pilot) I could put to good use. I enjoyed the watch for some months and then (as you do) became rather bored of it and sold it. This may have been a blessing in disguise, but the watch was lost by the Royal Mail. Fortunately it was insured and I received a full refund of approximately $850.00.

I asked if he had another one, as the buyer was keen to have that particular model. said he would look around and let me know. About a week later he confirmed he had another rare Heuer Flygraf this one was from the R.A.F or Royal Air Force). I was blown out of my socks, I could not believe my luck, this guy was an absolute god of the horological world. I ran at the chance to own such a unique watch. I purchased the watch and promptly received it along with some other watches. I later placed the flygraf on ebay and had an immediate offer. I sold the flygraf for around $750.

Soon after the sale the buyer complained that the watch was fake. I convinced myself that this was not the case, how could it be, wouldn't do this to me. I challenged and asked him to provide evidence as to the origin of this watch he kept on re-assuring me but the evidence never materialised.

Soon the Police were in touch as I had been reported for deceit (criminal offence punishable by imprisonment). I was clutching to straws hoping that would come up with evidence proving the genuinely of the article. His attitude throughout this whole drama was less that supportive. He did not want any involvement. In order to cover myself, I had fax me a statement confirming that he had sold the item to me.

The event set alarm bells ringing! I had all of the watches that I had purchased from inspected and was shocked to find that 8 out of 20 pieces were fake. I could understand one, two, even three but eight? I still did not believe this was possible so I carried out some checks myself. I found it hard to believe it but I had been screwed without grease, what you may call a dry @#*%, by my good friend .

I was interviewed by the police and all charges of deception were dropped. Mr. X received a full refund for the Flygraf . I later apologised to Mr. X and confirmed his findings relating to the fake Heuer.

I advised Berni that he had sold me 8 fake watches. After much negotiation, they were all returned, however he claimed that I was partly responsible and that I should accept to share some of the losses which amounted to $550 approx.. He was not willing to refund any money but replaced the fakes that I returned with four other watches two of which turned out to be fakes (1 fake heuer chronograph and a fake breitling).

Everything else is history. My aim was to expose this guy for what he is, an opportunist and dishonest cheap thief. He obviously has some intelligence. He has attempted to cause much chaos and confusion by sending various letters (yes I have read your infamous letter) including the one addressed to this forum.

He is right, I have left him very positive feedback but then I understood what is really about. Unfortunately most of the purchases were made outside of ebay so I do not have any way posting feedback.

I have used some quite unorthodox means to get my message across, but as they say in china, there are no rules in love ad war. This guy is dishonest and I can prove it to you, I will make outlook.pst file which contains all of the communication between myself, , the police and Mr. X available shortly at www.webspace.tiscali.co.uk for all to download and see.

Beware!!!

Regards
Diabolik

FYI is (EL CAGONE) OR ELVIRAB

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE