The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Any experience with "Chronoaddict"??

Hmm.. difficult one this. Chronoaddict definitely has some wonderful 'correct' watches (see the Viceroy), but I am a little unsure about the early 1940's chrono on ebay.
The problem is that it is very difficult to verify Heuers from this period. The black chrono that you talk about, looks good to me, but if I were buying, I'd certainly do my homework.
Genuine Heuers from this period command high prices, certainly higher than Chronoaddict charges, which can be 'read' either way.

The small case 'up-down' Heuers bother me the most. I'm not categorically saying they aren't original, without any proof. But.. If I were looking at buying the one listed on ebay, I'd have to question a few areas. First, is that the seller has a real talent for finding many of these in stunning condition. In all my years of looking, they are like hens teeth & have years of patina on them. Second, is the signature on the movement bridge. IMHO it is totally wrong. The Heuer shield on the dial looks too modern. The proven genuine up-down chronos that are know to this forum (mine & Jarls) do not have a signature on the movement and have the 'squashed' Heuer shield with a '2 Heuer 2' mark.

Chronoaddicts ebay pics..

Hard one to judge, the seller might just have a knack for finding these old jems in amazing condition. My rule for anything from this period.. presume it is incorrect until you can find enough proof to satisfy yourself that it is the real deal.

Stewart

: Hi,

: I wonder if anybody has ever bought watches from the British seller
: "Chronoaddict"? He sells on ebay, but has his own
: website, too.
: I searched the forum, but to my surprise, didn't find any
: discussions here. He currently sells a vintage (40's) Heuer
: chrono on
: ID 120748994248, but I think that the dial is not original, the
: Heuer lettering in the upper sub-dial looks very odd. On his
: website chronoaddict.com, he sells, amongst others, a WWII Heuer
: chrono with black dial, which is also shown in the Heuer Guide
: here (1940's Chronographs, Ref. 347), but, again, the lettering
: looks like being reprinted.
: Any help highly appreciated!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE