The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Why do you like Heuers?

(Not that you shouldn't but...)

We all like vintage Heuers, but probably not for the same reasons exactly. Why are YOU attracted to Heuers?

It would take alot of time and effort (maybe even some soul-searching) for me to compose a complete answer to my question. Some points:
-The great colors on the dials (70s models mostly). Something I'm missing from today's watches.
-The logo
-Innovation (automatic movement development, black and green cases)
-Masculine designs
-Extensive use of applied hour marks
-Appreciating Heuers is an acquired taste. Not many know much about them. And this is one of the reasons I like Tag Heuers less. (It's the sense of "connoiseurship". One can feel being special by appreciating things most people don't (have the knowledge, experience or culture to) appreciate. IMO this is also one of the reasons why some watch enthousiasts are so obsessive about inhouse movements, movement finishing etc. A very interesting issue, probably worth of a separate discussion.)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE