The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Xmas in August. New arrival

: The coolest thing to me is the light mint green of the lume on the
: dial. The od green of the case and dial, the orange of the
: chrono hands and the green lume make for a somewhat eye popping
: combo in person. It’s the first watch of mine that my neighbor
: has ever noticed and a couple of people at work have noticed as
: well, which rarely happens.

The hand layout and that mint lume are very distinctive of the Lemania 5100 Heuers (by and large, some used a different lume arrangement or hour markers). Lots going on with the dial, but by some alchemy it remains very readable!

The Carreras use the minty lume too:

Definitely watches to get a few looks and yours in drab looks really nice too (luckily not living up to its name!).

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE