The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Some Information and Here is the Photo
In Response To: HEUER MONTREAL *PIC* ()

It looks very nice to me, and I have added it to our Montreal Gallery.

This version of the Montreal was powered by the Valjoux 7750 movement (rather than the Cal 12 that powered the earlier Montreals), and it dates from 1977. The progression is similar to what occured with the Carreras, as Heuer switched from the Cal 12 to the Lemania 5100.

The Valjoux 7750 is another of the "workhorse" movements -- not so beautiful to look at, but rugged and reliable. The Valjoux 7750 has been used by dozens of brands in thousands of models, and the movement has a devoted following, even to this day.

Thanks for the nice photo, and we hope you will enjoy the chrono.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: HI
: I VE JUST BOUGHT A HEUER MONTREAL AUTOMATIC
: 750.503 CAN YOU TELL ME IF IT IS A NICE
: PIECE? AND MAYBE CAN YOU GIVE ME A BRIEF
: HISTORY OF THIS WATCH
: THANKS A LOT

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE